George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Dimplex Electric stove heater type CLB20R series E, when

Dimplex Electric stove heater type CLB20R series E, when switched on straight away it cuts out, power still to heater. Is element ,switch or other?.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok to wait for answer
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Dimplex Stove ?Im not sure what you mean by: "when switched on straight away it cuts out, power still to heater. Is element ,switch or other?" Also what exactly happens when its on, is there any power to anything? Does it trip the mains etc? Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dennis, The CLB20R appliance has a Thermal Safety Cut-out.The built-in overheat cut-out switches off the appliance automatically in the event of a fault. After a short cooling down phase, the appliance is ready for use again. The cause of this is usually failure of the fan to distribute the warm air from the heater. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the heater is switched on it immediately cuts-out.
It does not cut off the electric power the heater and you can switch on again, but cuts out again.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi this sounds like a short circuit.Or a bad thermal as George mentioned.Does it heat at all, even get warm a tiny bit while its on before it cuts off?ThanksTech Michael
Thank you for that Dennis,
Can I ask you; if you turn on the appliance but do not turn on the heating element, does the appliance still cut out?
If yes, then the problem is with the electronics of the control board
If no, then the issue is as I have said previously, the thermal cutout has activated for whatever reason.. normally that the fan is not rotating to disperse the heat created by the heater.
regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I turn on the appliance it does not cut out. When I turn on the heating element it cuts out. Do I need a new fan or heating element.
Is the fan working before you turn on the heater?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Then you need to either test the fan for a positive resistance reading to safely test the operation of the fan..Should you get a short reading ie. 0.00 resistance, then the fan is faulty and will need replacing..If there is a positive resistance reading you can then power the fan directly to test how well the fan operates. If the fan is good, but still doesn't operate, then you'll need to replace the control board. regards
Please rate the assistance given by me
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair