Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Optimax 25S gives F1 error code.Tried reset and have repressurised

Optimax 25S gives F1 error code.
Tried reset and have repressurised - neither have made any difference.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Optimax ?Also may I have the Full model # ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
Thanks for contacting us. We've seen quite a few experts looking at our problem and then it going back into the pool.
1) Age: If there is a way of telling, I will happily provide it. The combi was here when we moved in June 2010.
2) Model number: 0M3O4KGA OPTIMAX 25 S.
Other information - it was last serviced 28/11/15, so not that long ago. Aside from repressurising it every so often, it has never given us any problems before now.
Let us know if there is any other information you need....Untech Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** tell me exactly what IS happening? SO I can help. I think I have a pretty good idea based on the error you gave.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have the F01 error code.
We have no heating or hot water. When we press reset it initally displays a temperature before then reverting to F01 again.
Bar reading is currently 1.7
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that. This is usually cased by an ignition board failure. and that board needs technical service. It usually is simply replaced when this happens. And you can do this if you are a bit handy and have the basic tools needed to replace it. I can help as well. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereThanks for that - very much appreciated. I don't fancy playing around with the ignition board, so we've called out our plumber instead. I've given you a five star rating too!
Cheers,
Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dave, wish it were a simpler repair;-) Have a great Night!Tech Mike