Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Ours is a ADP8322 model.It is currently: -only able to use

Customer Question

Ours is a ADP8322 model.It is currently:
-only able to use the 70 degree programme
-seems stuck for a long while with a low key "tut-tut-tut" noise
-is not cleaning the dishes
-is not dissolving the detergent tablet
Any ideas?!
Les
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Les, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Dishwasher ?Please explain if it runs or fills or nothing etc so I can help? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael. We only moved into the property 3 months ago but,as the house is 10 years old, I reckon that's how old the appliance is.The programme is running though not normally. It does complete.There appears to be water going in but I'm not sure how much as the dishes remain very dirty after a 2 hour programme. In fact some dishes have hardly any cleaning at all.Also the dishwasher tablet was almost fully intact -hardly dissolved at all.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for that info;-)This really sounds like the machine may not be filling fully. Does it seem to fill ok? Or are there places you can see that dont get water on them?Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dishes are predominantly dirty though there appears to be the sound of water.Not sure whether water being pumped around for the amount of time required by the programme as there is this unusual protracted
noise that I mentioned
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** you to let then DW run for a few mins and then let me know if the dishes cups on the top rack are wet at that point. Then I will know whats wrong.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have had it running for 5-6 minutes with bottom tray empty and a few dry dishes on the top rack.
They were still dry after the 5-6 minute run
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!Awesome, the part you need is called a water inlet valve. Its an electric component that opens the water to allow the DW to fill. This part will fail over time and if you live in an are where the water has lots of minerals it lasts even less time. Fortunately this is a fairly inexpensive part and easy to replace for most everyone and I will help all the way no extra cost.The best place to get that part is : http://www.espares.co.uk/But its best to call them for this: Please call: 0844 9777 888. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great night!Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure about this.I've run it again a couple of times.First time dishes clean but small amount of detergent tablet left.
2nd time dishes rinsed well but detergent tablet hardly dissolved at all.
Water IS getting in.Why would tablet not dissolve?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi its possible the heater is failing but I woudl suspect maybe the water inlet valve, Its really an electric solenoid .Let Me know if you can tell if the water seems hot and steamy mid cycle, also if there seems to be enough water getting in?Thank youTech Michael