Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

STARTS THEN BLEEPS

Customer Question

STARTS THEN BLEEPS
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Please wend me the make, full model # ***** exact problem so I can help you;-) Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a whirlpool dishwasher, which insnt working properly. I went through the faulty finding procedure and its flashes 11 times which I think signifies turged water
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi I cant call you right now due to a technical issue here but you can call me if you accept the offer I send, Either way we can handle this problem;-) If you don't want the phone call option thats ok with me too. We can work on this here in text.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I dont want to phone. I will continue in text
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is there a problem
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello is anybody there
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there any point in me waiting for a reply
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi I am here sorry for the delay was with another customer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi hi sorry about that do you understand the questions i have asked.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for that info, How old is your Dishwasher?Also may I have the Full model # ***** I can help you correctly?Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, yes I don know what you mean questionwise;-)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
About 6 years old, the only number I can find on it is DWF B10
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi thanks, that # ***** be much longer.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
But are you saying you suspect a clog?Also what exactly happens when you run a cycle?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its the only number I can find. It is also an IKEA Whirlpool. I have tried pooring in a kettle of boiling water, this has worked before, but not now. On going through the test cycle it flashes 11 times which signifies 'turged water' ? When I press start it appears to fill then empty and then starts bleeping again
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi forgive me but I have never heard the term Turged water? Could you explain that to me?As for your dishwasher, I need you try something for me. That will tell me what is wrong. Please turn off power at the mains for 10 full minutes to the dishwasher.And then back on, try the machine once again and let me know if its still the same or acts differently or gives a different error message, that is important.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I went online , went through the test sequence and that tells me by cleeping 11 times it shows Turged water which I presume means dirty water, and went on to say there is a filer and I think it said a visual means of testing the clear water. But I shall turn it off for 10 mins. How do I get back in touch with you?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi yepthats what it means but they use different terminology there is all Im in the US and have 35 years in washer repair lol.What you need to do is to remove the drain line under the sink and make sure all the water can drain free and clear there. ALso in the bottom of the dishwasher the sump also needs to be checked and cleaned as well. There is a clog internally or at the drain pipe or dirty water line.Sometimes just pulling out the dishwasher and tipping it forward a few times to about 45 degrees and giving it a bit of a jolt will clear this as well;-) In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael I have turned it back on again . Nothing has changed still trys to start then beeps, water does come in and go out again but obviously notas much as it should be, but there doesnt seem to be any blockages
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for that. This means you need to clean out the drain pump as well if you haven't already. When you do that please spin the impeller a few times with a screwdriver carefully. If that doesn't solve the issue, then you need to replace the drain pump and I would also replace the ware inlet valve(electric solenoid to be sure the problem is solved;-)Both are easy to change out and the best place to get those 2 parts quickly is espares. They ship same day in almost all cases;-)Please visit:http://www.espares.co.uk/I would really call them for this part, to be sure they send the correct part and they don't list all parts on their site: 0844 9777 888.Please rate kindly at this time so I can stick with you until this is fixed as it should properly. Also I dont receive and credit for my time with you if you don't rate. There is no cost to rate;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have poored a ful kettle of water into the sump, when I try to srta the machine it immediately empties the water from the sump, am I right to assume the pumps is working, and how do I get to the pump
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If i unscrew the 4 screws that hold the plastic sump to the bottom of the machine, does this break the seal. i.e. will it have to be resealed with a gasket or some kind of compound?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi it should be ok, but its always possible you will need a new gasket as they can be damaged if you aren't careful is all;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Please rate kindly and I will continue, there is no cost for that;-)ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I try to start it on the maximum cycle, water comes in, sump fills up and then empties and then goes into default
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
If that is all that happens and it continues this way, then you will need a new main control board ;-(You can get that from the same supplier espares.ThanksTech Mike