Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Zanussi Jetsystem+ (model ZWF16581W) keeps stopping and

Hi my Zanussi Jetsystem+ (model ZWF16581W) keeps stopping and highlighting Err (flashing red). When I push the button it goes back to 5min or 1 min to go, but the wash cycle is completely out of sync with the time display and continues washing for another 40mins before getting stuck on 1min to go & staying locked. I usually then have to run a spin cycle for 15min to get the machine to finally unlock. I use the superquick cotton wash usually, but this also happens on all the other cycles we use, ie. full wash. Any way to solve this?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Washer?Also when during the cycle does this happen? Also is it always after the same amount of time that it happens? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer is around 5 to 6 years old. It generally stops half way through with an error flash, & I push this button & it continues the wash. It does always seem to stop with 1 minute to go & then carries on for another 15-20mins. I then have to put it in spin mode to run through a cycle to finally allow me to open the door
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.In this case, the main control board is failing. It contains mechanical relays that are losing their ability to make a true connection internally.That main control board needs replacement. Its easy and I will help you ;-) There is no soldering and just a few wiring clips.The best place to get a new control board is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/I would call them to order this part, and also tell them to please make sure this board includes a pre programmed IC! That will save you lots of money lol;-)Please call Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####ome » Parts » Laundry Spares » Washing Machines » Zanussi In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Michael, how much will a main control board generally cost?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi your welcome, that part cost varies from time to time so I cant say for sure but about 175.Please remember to rate my service before you close this page, I will see that and reply so if you need help installing the part I can be here for you at no additional cost;-)Thank youTech Mike;-)