Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch DHE645MGB Cooker Hood 60cm Integrated Silver

i have a Bosch DHE645MGB Cooker Hood 60cm Integrated Silver Metallic Lacquer which is 4 years old and it has just stopped working. The electricity supply is still working, as it powers the starter lights on my gas hob. what can have caused this and can it be rectified?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Please explain "Starter lights'?Also when the hood stopped working, do you mean the light and the fam don't work ?Please explain so I can help;-) Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michael,Yes, that's exactly what I mean - neither the lights nor the fan work. By starter lights, i mean the electrical spark that ignites the gas when you turn the hob on.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** thing to check is the fuse on the main control board. Its possible that is a,, thats wrong, or a bad wiring connection that came loose..I will help ypu all the way with this, but you need a cheap digital meter for some simple testing. You can get one from any hardware store if you don't have one.If all is good there on the few tests, then you will need a new main control board for this hood.In that case the best place to get that part is :http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a7b129/Bosch-Range-Vent-Hood-PartsI would call them for this part to be sure they send the correct board. Also they don't list all parts on their site;-)Repair Clinic: 1-***-***-****In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michael, Yes I have checked the fuse box, nothing has tripped, and the electricity supply also supplies the spark that ignites the gas on the gas hob, and that is working perfectly well. The hood is four years old, and has given no problems at all until now, it had been used that morning and was working perfectly, and it was only when it was turned on again some 3-4 hours later that it did not work, and has not worked since.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
hi thanks for that. Then yep its the board. These sometimes fail for no good reason, its just a components that has gone out. They don't fix these boards just a simple throw away and replace. There is no soldering required either just plugs in ;-)When you have the new control board, please reply so I can help if you need, no cost for that either;-)Please rate my service to you kindly at this time, I will be here when you need me;-) Have a great day! Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Michael, I'll see if I can get a control board, hopefully Bosch will supply them, otherwise it looks like a new cooker hood....I'll get back to you when I've tracked one down
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok but please rate kindly so I can remain with you.ThanksTech Michael ;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Once you rate, I will see that, and place your question in my priority list so you can get back to me anytime;-)Tech Mike