Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an intergrated Candy Washer Dryer (cdb 115 I

Customer Question

I have an intergrated Candy Washer Dryer (cdb 115 I believe), i recently discovered that it had been connected using the hot water pipe feed, rather than the cold - so I have switched them over.
Since doing so all my washes are now cold (even boil washes with an empty machine).
i dont know if the element has gone or if its something else, what would you advise?many thanks,chris
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
First thing I would check is that the heater is OK, you will need to use a multimeter do do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I access the heater?
Can you give me the full product code and I will look it up for you, should be in the door housing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mod; cab 115-80
N: 31800030 0725 1879
Thank You you will have to take the appliance out of the kitchen unit, then take off the square back panel and you will find the heater at the bottom of the tub.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a new element and fitted it, but the washing water still doesn't heat up
I did tell you to check the heater with a multimeter first ~
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was almost same price to buy element as multimeter. Where do I go from here?
You need some means of telling if you have got a voltage at the heater connectors. Either a mains tester or multimeter which you should be able to pick up for about £5 or so. If when you check you find that there is no power at the heater then likely the electronic pcb is defective BUT firstly check that you have 220-240 volts during the heating phase of the cycle ie a hot wash.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, have ordered one of those. FYI the dryer element works, don't know if that makes any difference to Pcb board?
Usually dryer pcb is different to main pcb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a multimeter and ran a hot wash, I imagine the start is the heating cycle? There are 3 connection on the element, using the two either side (red black), there was no current when using one of these two and the third connection (green) and one of the other connections it (for literally half a second) flashed up to 80, but the was zero (or 0.3 when the drum span)
OK you wont get immediate power to the element, if you put it on the hottest wash with the cables connected and they check the two outer connections after about 30 mins then by then if you are going to get any power you should have it then. Make sure you dont choose a prewash program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's about 30mins in now, using the two outer connections it's at 0.00
You set on 250 volts ac range (or higher)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Set at 600v. But have tried it on every setting can't get any reading
OK you now need to set it on to beeper and then trace the cables back to the main pcb by beeper I meen when you have the two probes of the multimeter together you should get a 'beep' One wire goes from the heater up to the pcb the other wire goes to the pressure switch that is a rounbd thing with a thin hose that heads down to the tub. Check with you beeper that you have a sound pair of cables to their relative places.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using the beeper, if I attach the two probes to each terminal, they both beep. Did you mean try it at the element terminals? Or do I need to take more panels off to 'chase' the cables up to their origin?
OK you take one probe and remove one of the cables from the heater and stick the probe in the end of the connector. You then find where it goes to, either pcb or pressure switch and you stick the other probe in the other end of the wire that fits to either pcb or pressure switch. You should get a beep if the cables are OK, One at a time and come back to me with the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right, got you, traced both. The one to the round section with rubber tube beeps.
The second one seems to go into a plastic board (I assume Pcb) that is at the bottom of the machine against the side. Has lots of wires going in, that also beeps
OK you have now confirmed that power can get to the heater it is nust not doing so, can you see any writing on the pcb which is inside the plastic box either on a label or actually on the pcb itself? If so let me know and I will see if we can get that one repaired for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's a sticker on the metal casing, but to read anything off the actual circuit board would need to take it out
Unplug it first from the mains supply and tell me what on the sticker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####Mdle01410100
Vs44c
230v 50hz 70oc
OK give this company a call tomorrow they specialize in repairing this type of board, there website is EMWelec.co.uk they have a similar board on there and refer to there often being problems with the slave timer which causes this problem also. There telephone number is *****(###) ###-#### Come back to me if you need further help. In the meantime could you kindly rate the information sofar, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a good evening. Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how I remove the Pcb it isn't obvious to me
Make sure that the appliance is unplugged. If you have a look at the picture you sent me you will see that there is a clip just to the left of the top wires that connect upwards. Push that back and it should allow you to remove the pcb. Make sure that you mark up the cables or note how they fit for when you replace the pcb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, have fitted replacement Pcb board but unfortunately still not heating the water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no current to the element
OK I need to go back to the start here because we are missing something. The product code you listed is for a Candy built Teka Washing Machine. However, you have referred to a dryer heater. You dont have a dryer on a washing machine. According to my listing there is no CAB115-80 model. Can you kindly go back and clarify Model number and product code again please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As per my first mail it is a candy cdb 115-80, it is a washer dryer, the dryer still works so I know it has one :)
Your first listed it as a washer not a washer dryer, my second request you listed it as a CAB and your product code refers to a Teka appliance. Kindly give me the product code as requested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first line of my first mail refers to it as a washer dryer, candy cdb 115, model number is ***** 115-80
Product code - I cannot get access to the Candy technical information without a valid product code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
31800030 0725 1879? If that's not it can you tell me where I would find it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if that is not right, and where to find the code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll assume that you've got to Ben up on this then, am I entitled to a refund seeing as the problem is not fixed and its cost me over £60?