Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Clarkeking140hotwaterpressurewasher. burner wont ignite. plenty

Customer Question

clarkeking140hotwaterpressurewasher. burner wont ignite. plenty spark but doesn't seem to be getting fuel. can you help?
Jim
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Clark King 140?Did it sit for a long time with gas in it?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pressure washer would be 10yrs old I think.
Ser. No.(###) ###-####Batch no. 06 R
Michael, I made mistake when I logged in. I clicked on to £20/month. I only wanted one question at one of payment of £20.
Can you correct this for me.
Regards,
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS. It has not been sitting long time with fuel in.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim, yes I will let Customer Service knwo about that issue with the question !This one I know well, it needs a carburetor rebuild kit. The float pin that allows fuel into the combustion chamber(cylinder) is stuck closed. WHen this happens, no fuel can pass. Also due to its age the seals in the carb are definitely in need of replacement. If you are handy and have the basic tools, you can do this and save some green. But if not any local small engine repair shop can do this for you, Its not very expensive ans well worth the cost of this repair;-) Not a major thing, more like tune up parts for the carb;-) In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just dismantled carb. Everything is free and seals ok. Carb. type is - - VSC63 A5H
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi make sure there also is no blockage of any tubes or needle valve ports, I would clean all parts with carb cleaner well, but I still suspect something is sticking closed as this is almost always the cause of this problem.Thats why they sell these kits lol ;-)Also after 10 years it surely should be done.Will the motor run if you added a little starting fluid to the cylinder or carb intake? Yo also need to check this. Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree that seals should be renewed at this age, but the burner motor is running. Also there is three sensors on the cold water
circuit, which I think would control the burner circuit. One appears to sense the cold water pressure. One appears to sense cold water temp. Not sure what the other one does.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please explain? I thought this was your pressure washer as per your request: clarkeking 140 hot pressure washer?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
WHat burner are you speaking of?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael, this is a hot water pressure washer. When you switch the washer on an electric motor driving a pump provides cold water pressure at approx. 1400 psi. When you switch it on to hot water the spark plugs operate, another electric motor driving a fan blows air into combustion chamber and the fuel pump ( the carb as you call it ) which is mounted on top of combustion chamber feeds fuel through a jet into combustion chamber, which is ignited by spark plug and you get hot water. On my machine the spark plugs are working, the fan is running but the fuel pump is not working.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi it could be the fuel pump but there is also a carburetor on the motor where the fuel and ir is mixed.You need to remove the hose to check if you have fuel pressure there first. Let me know if the pump will spray out fuel or not?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no fuel pressure from the hose, because the fuel pump has to suck the fuel from the fuel tank.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I meant to check if with gas and the pump installed in the unit;-)ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael. I've never heard so much bullshit in all my life. You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am not sure what you are talking about?If the fuel pump isnt supplying fuel to the carb then you wont have fuel for ignition. Since you also said that your clarke kingpressure washer is 10 years old, the most likley cause is a crb in need of repair I tune up is what its called.I have been servicing small engines for over 30 years so I knwo what I am talking about :-)If these is anything else you woudl like to know please ask, I am here to be helpful, and I m sure if you tried my suggestions you would have a running power washer againech Mike;-)Thank youT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been servicing and tuning small and large engines for 50yrs and this pressure washer doesn't have an engine on it.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
hen i am confused by your replies,Heres one you sent me: Customer:"I have just dismantled carb. Everything is free and seals ok. Carb. type is - - VSC63 A5H"???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is you that was on about a carb. It is an electric pump with a jet on it,that fires the fuel into the burner unit- (combustion chamber).
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I get it now, I know which one you have. Sorry for the confusion!Does the fuel make it as far as the jet?Is that clogged? Or is the pump just not supplying the fuel at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not supplying fuel at all.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks in this case, it sound slike you will need a new fuel pump. The best place to ge that woudl be: SPECIFICATIONSMotor .............................................................. 230V 50hzPower Rating .................................................. 1.6kWFuse Rating ..................................................... 13Amps PARTS and SERVICE CONTACTSFor Spare Parts and Service, please contact your nearest dealer, or CLARKE International,on one of the following numbers.PARTS & SERVICE TEL:(###) ###-####7400
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are absolutely useless. I want my money back.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi they are the ones you ened to contact as you more than likely have a bad fuel pump. I will send this to Customer service for refund processing for you.Thank you and have a nice day anyway all the best to you.Tech Michael