Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hotpoint fridge/freezer FFUG 2013 keeps beeping and d on fridge

Hotpoint fridge/freezer FFUG 2013 keeps beeping and d on fridge temp.
We cleaned the fridge but we didn't turn it off though, so the door was open a lot.
when we put all the shelves and baskets back and we shut the door and pushed the "super cool" button the SC appeared on the fridge temp display.
We left this quite a while and turned off the SC button then when we opened the fridge door and then closed it, the fridge alarm then goes off while the door is closed and "d" comes up on temp display.
We don't get the temp on the temp display. We have switched of the power a few times and tried again but the same happens. The have followed the troubleshooting guide.
The fridge does seen up to temp while the SC button is on.
Thanks Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid the £27 for the one week free trial and am waiting for an answer
Thanks Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whats your phone number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lost the original tab on my PC so I've reconnected here
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your fridge? Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
The refrigerator door has been open for more than two minutes.The sound alert stops when the door is closed or when theappliance is switched off and on again. If this does not happen, then the liklihood is thast the door switch is broken regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael
2013
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when we switch it off and on again the light works until the alarm sound off again
Let me know if you require the part number for the switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that already. all ok
Have you tested the switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I said before the light works fine until the beeping starts and "d" appears in the display, not worried about the light just want to stop the beeping and get the temp displayed again
The appliance is not detecting that the door is closed.. This is a different switch than the light switch. Once you have removed the door, hinge, top panel.. Therein lies a switch that looks like a sensor (magnetic). If it is not in place, put it back in place. If it is in place, test it with a multimeter to see if it is working or not.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi George is correct. The first place to check is the door switch. if that is the problem you will need to replace it. But if that turns out not to be the issue, please reply for additional information.ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had a look, couldn't see anything loose, when you open the door the beeping stops, so that to me suggests that the switch is working, the display then works ok when you shut the door "+5" but then after a while it starts beeping again and the red triangular warning light flashes.
the fridge works OK while the SC switch is on but that you shouldn't have that on after a while.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi That is correct.Were almost there. Is the fridge. Freezer holding its temp well? That will tell me what you need to fix this;-)ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both the fridge and freezer are working ok
Temp shows +5 on fridge and -18 on freezer.
Just thought all was OK but then opened the door and close it again and it all goes to "d".
Have just turned it off and back on all works ok again until we opened the door again.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your patience and information.Unfortunately the problem here is NOT the switch as George mentioned, its a rare instance when the main control board had a fault and needs to be replaced. This board is fairly expensive but easy to replace.You could live with faulty error message or you can replace that main control board. Its possible the problem wont get worse affecting any of the other normal operations, but it could get worse so thats your call ;-)The best place to get or inquire about that board is: espares.Website: http://www.espares.co.uk/But I would call them to check on current cost and availability: 0844 9777 888.I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Thanks for your assistance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.