George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I bought a vax steam cleaner back in november and tne power

Hi, i bought a vax steam cleaner back in november and tne power cable lead has come away from the main body of the unit exsposing the inner cables..i have phoned VAX and they say this is not covered by the 2 year guarentee. I am also not covered by the manufactors 30 day guarentee what can i do..
yours
Linda
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide me with the model and serial number of the appliance please Linda regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vax s86-sf-cc steam fresh combi classic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11134101801105135347
The sleeve and retainer that hold the cable on position should never come away from the appliance without breaking due to misuse. If the parts have come away without being broken then this is a fault. I have spoken to Vax for you... They have instructed that you do the following..."Please take a photo of the cable retainer sleeve that has come out of the vax and send it by email to (*****@******.***) together with the following reference number & name (Mohammed Ref: 01717762) Vax will deal with the issue for you from that point. Please remember to rate the assistance I have given you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much.
linda
You are very welcome Linda Please close the query