Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Panasonic TX-42ST31B and I had 7 red lights which

HI I have a Panasonic TX-42ST31B and I had 7 red lights which is said to be the board that runs the screen. When you disconnect that board I get 8 red lights. Is it this board that has gone down.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes that is what I also would suspect as the problem. But keep in mind tha there can always be a problem with the main board and a false error making things not work correctly. But that said... Yes you are correct. Replace that video driver board and it should be up and running again;-)I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael