Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an AEG Competence D5701-4 oven. The lower oven light

I have an AEG Competence D5701-4 oven. The lower oven light blew and I replaced it, but the light stays switched on all the time. What can I do?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Oven/Range ?Were there any power outages or storms just prior to this problem or when the light blew out?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael, we bought the oven new in December 2006. No there were no power outages or storms at the time.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information,Does everything else appear to work ok with the oven and stove top?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, everything else seems to be working normally. It is just that the light is on permanently after I renewed the bulb.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Please try one thing for me, this wont likely help but I need to knwo if it changes anything? Turn power to the range off at the mains for 5 full minutes. Then turn it back on. Let me know if the light remains on then.Also make sure if yours has a switch separate from the door swith to also turn the light on that it is OFF.ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I have done that. FYI the Make and Model is AEG Competence D5701-4. It does not have a door switch as far as I can see.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** oven was working correctly, did the light come on when you opened the door? Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The light only came on when you switched the oven on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be clear, the light is on when the oven is in operation. There is one position on the oven control switch which when you move it to that position in normal mode the light comes on, but moving the switch to and from that position has no effect on the light; it is constantly on.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for that information. This range likely experienced a power surge but not necessarily.Electronic components can fail at anytime and unfortunately the problem is the main control board that has the failed component.It could be a relay or a power transistor circuit but either way they only sell these boards complete not the components for the boards ;-(It is fixable by replacing that main control board which is easy to do and I will help you if you need? Also there is no soldering required just plugs and clips.The best place to get that part (main board) is : http://shop.aeg.co.uk/enquiry/Contact+UsI woudl call them to order this part.Electrolux Plc trading asElectrolux PartsPreston RoadAycliffe Industrial ParkNewton AycliffeCounty DurhamDL5 6EDCall us:01325 302464Mon - Thur:8.30am - 5.00pmFri:8.30am - 4.30pmI will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been to the web site you showed in your link and I can find no mention of a main control board as a part. I used the product number###-##-####as requested by the site but nothing resembling the part you describe is listed. Can you advise further or give me the part number? Many thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thats why I mentioned to give em a call, they don't list all products on site;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the oven safe to use in the meantime if I remove the bulb?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
ALso you can use : http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/Call:0844(###) ###-####ome » Parts » Brands » AEGPlease rate kindly my service before you go so I can stick with you;-)ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't gone anywhere yet, and won't until I have rated you for the time being, but feel you still haven't answered the important question - is it safe to use in the interim with the bulb removed?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes its safe to use it that way. No issues there;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Even I would do that because I wouldn't want the light on all the time lol.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.