Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My miele t7644c squeals half way through the drying process.

Customer Question

Do I need to replace a belt?
Could anything else be wrong?
Could I fix it myself? I can't afford an expensive service!
Thanks in advance for your advice :)
Lucy
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.I guess the dryer is at least a few years old lol.As for the squeal, its not the belt causing the squeal, although once you are fixing the squeal, you may as well replace the belt too, its not expensive.The squeal on this machine is coming from the idler pulley that runs and keeps tension on the belt, the drum and the motor pulley.If you are a little handy, and have just a few basic hand tools you can do this repair easily and cheaply,I will help you each step of the way no extra cost.The best place to get that belt and the idler pulley is espares.Please visit : http://www.espares.co.uk/Or call them because they don't lais all parts online: Please call espares: 0844 9777 888.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech MichaelThank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Michael. I'm thrilled I can fix it and your help will be so essential!!I'll order the parts and get back to you for further instruction ☺️ Thank you so so much.
Best wishes Lucy
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lucy, Your welcome, I will be here when you need me once you have the pats;-) Have a wonderful weekend.Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,I'm looking to order the parts for my Miele T7644C from espares, as you suggested.
Please could you kindly confirm that the following are the correct parts? I'm concerned I have the right belt for the job, there are so many of them!!Tumble Dryer Drive Belt - 170 ES1526388
Tumble Dryer Front Support Roller ES1568648If you are happy these are correct I'll order them now :)Thanks so much and sorry to bother you again with this.
Best wishes Lucy
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lucy, In this case, you should replace all rollers, the belt, and the Idler tensioner for the belt near the motor.Thanks Lucy.Tech Michael