Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Creda Tumble Dryer TCR2 Serial Number###-##-####s

Customer Question

I have a Creda Tumble Dryer TCR2 Serial Number###-##-####
is it dangherous to use
and how do I go about getting it sorted out
Please
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Creda Dryer ?Is there something specific you are concerned about with regards ***** ***** operating this dryer?Or is something wrong wit hit, please explain so I can help;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purchased December 2005
we have been made
aware that this machine may cause a fire
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for that information.With this model, unfortunately there are some poor reviews I agree.But this design is fine and if the dryer is cleaned every couple years by a service engineer, all will be fine. It's essentially the same as most other Creda dryers and I know this one well. It uses many of the same exact components the other ese even different brand driers, so the reports you may see online are just the few that had this issue, and likely due to the fact he customer didn't use it correctly or abused it, or even did not vent it properly;-)No worries with this dryer, you can use it with confidence as long as it is serviced (cleaned professionally) as ALL dryers should be.There are thousands of this model dryer out there performing just fine for years.I hope that helps?Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
T
TONYPLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND CONTACT ME ON *********** IF YOU NEED TO.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Following Whirlpool's acquisition of the Hotpoint/Indesit brands, Indesit Company has closely reviewed the safety of its product portfolio.As part of this review we have identified a potential concern with two types of tumble dryers manufactured between April 2004 and September 2015. In some rare cases, excess fluff can come into contact with the heating element and present a risk of fire. The affected brands are:HotpointIndesitCredaWe are activating an extensive consumer outreach and service action plan in order to provide our consumers with products that are updated to higher safety and quality standards. We will arrange a visit from an engineer, free of charge, to modify your appliance. The service call will take approximately one hour. The improvements we believe are necessary will further enhance the safety and quality of your dryer.In the meantime consumers may continue to use their products, provided that appliances are not left unattended whilst operating.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Important - Please ReadModel number entered: Creda Tumble Dryer TCR2 Serial Number###-##-####nfortunately your appliance is one of the affected models Please rate the assistance I have provided you with and furthermore contact me on *********** If you wish to register your appliance for the Manufacturers Safety Modification.