George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a wonderful Rangemaster RSXS661 SS/C Fridge Freezer.

Customer Question

I have a wonderful Rangemaster RSXS661 SS/C Fridge Freezer. Appears not to be producing ice cubes (as if its all blocked) and water is now leaking down front of the freezer unit and onto floor. I cannot get the ice tray out and don't want to force it in case I break it. Is this an easy thing to fix?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
If you can not get the cover off then it is likely what you have said, it is frozen-up inside.. You will need to defrost the cover/bucket (Hairdryer helps, but careful of water near electrics).. The ice will have formed around the arm, auger, ice tray, and possibly the sensor lead. If you try to force it, you will break the arm and the ice tray, possibly the sensor cable and the component that holds the ice tray. Thoroughly defrost before trying to remove.. use towels to soak up the water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still unable to remove the unit even after completely defrosting the freezer. I dont want to force it. It feels like something is still holding the unit in place. I can get a lot of movement when trying to remove it but not enough to pull it out.
Lift it up at the front and pull it backwards Allan..
Have you managed to sort the issue yet Allan?