George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My washing machine has stopped spinning so all the clothes

Customer Question

My washing machine has stopped spinning so all the clothes are coming out soaking wet
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Can I have the Enr of the appliance please.. This will be on a label inside the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant see it anywhere
Is there a model number on the front of the appliance? Is there any water still in the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no model number on the front sorry. i think i will just get a local repair man to come home and sort it
Sorry I can not assist you much further without some model information, however: 1. Check the filter to see if the pump is blocked - This will stop the water draining and cause the motor not to spin2. Was the washer full of washing that was unbalanced - this can cause the problem you have as the motor can not balance the load.3. Is the belt on the motor - without the belt the drum will not spin.4. Are the appliance feet flat on the floor - If not, the washer will be out of balance and not spin.5. Check the motor to see if the brushes are worn - This will stop the motor spinning. Ask further questions if you feel the need.. A rating of the assistance I have given you would be appreciated. kind regardsGeorge