Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Neff dishwasher s44m45. Cycle does not start

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi When you say its not starting a cycle whats it actually doing? Does the pump run for a few seconds then stops?If so then it should fill with water do you hear this?Or does it do nothing at all when you start it?Or is the pump running all the time? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. When I start the cycle, the minutes display as normal, there is an initial “pumping” sound, but then nothing happens. No water coming in. There is an “click” sound repeated every few seconds 2 or 3 times, then nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have switched power off and on, and done the reset using two program buttons, but same thing happens when I start the cycle again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - are you still there...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello....?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there? Do i need to try another technician?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay laptop decided to crash on me had to reboot it. When you say the theres the initial pumping sound does it run for a few seconds and then stops?Does this happen on all cycles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the pump runs for a few seconds then stops. Same when I tried the reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pump runs about 10 seconds then stops. then just the repeated click sound
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok can you post the full model number.If you open the door its usually etched into the frame on the top left as you open it and it start E-nr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll look. Hang on...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-Nr S44M45N5GB/90
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. If you leave it do you get any error codes come up or flashing lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Just the normal time in minutes (which does not change) and the normal light under the programme button
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok set the dishwasher going and when it should be filling you need to access the aqua stop hose as this dishwasher as a aqua hose. It will go to the water supply usually under your sink.Feel the box that you will see attached to the water supply and see if it starts to get warm and see if it vibrates slightly as you hold it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the dishwasher pulled out and can access the inlet and outlet hoses. Is the "aqua stop" the box on the inlet pipe, about 2 x 3 inches?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Yeah that's it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - let me try that...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - when I start the cycle, the aqua stop vibrates and get a bit warm - and keeps going quite a while, it's still going now
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the water supply is good to the dishwasher then its more then likely a fault hose here as its asking for water but isn't getting any hence it getting warm and vibrating. Now this comes as a complete hose which goes into the back of the dishwasher to the filling chamber and has a wiring connector to it. You need to remove the left hand side panel and then remove the plastic cover on the back were the hose goes through and then you can swap it over from there.Then hopefully that will cure the fault here. Ive see this fault quite a lot on these and if the aqua hose is warm and vibrating then its usually this at fault im afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - so you are saying the aqua stop is basically an inlet valve, and it is faulty? i.e. not opening when it should to let the water in?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
That's it the aqua hose is the inlet valve that lets the water in. So as no water is entering in there but the aqua box gets warm and vibrates then power is getting to it and its asking for water but the valve in there must not be opening hence no water passing through into the dishwasher.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK that makes sense! So do you have the part number of the replacement hose-and-aqua-stop that I need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or do you know where I can find it out please? (or where I could get it from at a decent price?)
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
The part number is ***** and you should be able to get it direct from Neff themselves as they will be a bit cheaper then the online sites
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK got it. £62 at Neff spares site. Cheaper than an engineer visit and repair I guess! Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. Its a lot cheaper then what Neff will charge to call out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. First time I have used JustAnswer and a good result! (Maybe you should see if they have any experts who can help with your laptop... :) ! Do you know how I finish this and do the rating and payment? (I guess ideally I would pay after I have fitted the spare part and definitely solved the problem - Is that an option?)
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ha ha I think I need a new one now its getting on is this lap top. You just need to click the star rating at the top of the page to rate. But don't worry as you can still get back to me on this even after rating without paying again. Just reply back on this thread and you will come back to me.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK will do. Thanks for your help. Duncan.