George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My hotpoint ceramic hob with touch controls will not work,

my hotpoint ceramic hob with touch controls will not work, a 'L' message comes up
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
The 'L' usually indicates that the childlock is activated..Can you tell me the model of the appliance please.. This can be found on your booklet or on a lable underneath the hob if you have access to that. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find manual as my wife's tidied up!!! I thought it could be child lock but I cannot turn it off
Is there an image of a key displayed anywhere?... If so, try holding that down for 3 secs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's typical held down the key for 3 seconds like I have done for at least 10times and it is now working, thanks for your help