Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Can you advise re. replacing the on-off switch on the Zanussi

Can you advise re. replacing the on-off switch on the Zanussi ZJD1219 Washing Machine. Thanks. Martin
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Would you kindly let me have the full product code or pnc that is located on the rating label in the door area. This is not the model number that you have above. ~~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####02 - martin
OK thanks give me a moment.
OK this is a bit of a fiddle to do but not too difficult, first thing that you have to do is unplug and then remove the top cover. Once you have done this you will see where the on/off siwtch passes through the facial panel. Once you have located it come back to me. Do not take off the wires to the switch yet!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've turned off power to the washer.
The washer is fitted under a counter top and very heavy. I've slid it out half way and removed 4 screws holding the top cover. I've bent the cover back to reveal the on-off switch.I should mention the nature of the problem: the white on/off button needs to be pushed many many many times for it to either engage in the on or engage in the off position. I'm assuming its the on-off switch that needs replacing.I was thinking that if I disconnected it I could spot the defect and right it myself. But it is not clear to me how to remove the switch.Do I need to pull the washer out completely?
Yes for ease it will be best, to remove the switch bearing in mind that you are unlikely to repair the switch as its a sealed unit you need to crank it from left to right at its rear until it unclips from the front (do this carefully or you will damage the front facial into which it latches. Once done remove it backwards and you can then push the button out of the front of the facia for further use with the new switch. The part number for the new switch is(###) ###-####- should cost you about £15 or there abouts. Leave the old switch hanging connected to the cables until such time as you get the replacement and then just swop the connectors over. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and come back to me if you need further help - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I face the washing machine is the movement you refer to left to right or right to left?this is to slot the switch out of the aluminium facial correct?I have jiggled it but it is not sliding at all. I will use a screw driver for leverage but only when I know which direction to apply the force. thanks.
If you can get the button off at the front (its only a push fit on the end of the switch) and then peer down the hole you can see that the switch is held in place by four ears that latch on the aluminium facia, if you push them into the center you can then unclip it and push it back. If not just rock the switch from side to side until they unclip themselves ~ its not important which way you rock the switch.
Do you require further assistance?
Would you kindly rate the information given to allow me to close down the job on the system. Thank You.