George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My aeg condensing dryer (purchased August 2013) stops after

My aeg condensing dryer (purchased August 2013) stops after three minutes because 'the water compartment is full'. The problem is that there is what appears to be 'grease' on the float which does not operate correctly. Two new units have been fitted and now I am advised that the problem is likely to be with 'what I put in it'.
So nothing goes in unwashed. Never wash below 40 degress, never use fastwash. The latest engineer scraped a little 'grease' and said I should try and have it analysed to get a clue what the problem is.
Any ideas (bear in mind I am 78 years old!).
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
I have seen this sort of problem before.. It is usually related to skin creams that do not dissolve in the washing machine but do dissolve with dry heat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will explore. Thank you.
You are very welcome... When you are ready, please close the query and rate as appropriate.