Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Rangemaster Classic 10 Dual Fuel Cooker is causing my Earth

My Rangemaster Classic 10 Dual Fuel Cooker is causing my Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker (ELCB) to trip after I switch on an element (plate warmer, oven or grill). It doesn't happen immediately but typically after 10 minutes. I can reset the ELCB OK but after another 10 minutes it trips again even if the element is turned off. After half an hour I can reset the ELCB without it tripping again. Can you help please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Rangemaster Oven ?Also has this ELB been replaced recently or is that the one that has been in the system for a while now? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The range is 3 years old. The ELB was also installed 3 years ago. I have not had problems before of this kind.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. This could be a short in the range but it really sounds like the breaker is failing or has a poor connection on one of its conductors leading to it.I woudl check all the connection from the oven as well, make sure they are tight and clean non corroded. If all is good there, then replace the ELB, as they will fail sometimes;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok anytime ;-)Tech Mike