Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an AEG Lavamat washing machine - it has been

Customer Question

Hello I have an AEG Lavamat washing machine - it has been working fine, but have moved house,now plumbed in, it fills, the drum turns and you can hear the pump trying to work - but it will not drain.
I put it on a quick wash...at 11 mins to go showed a E20 code but the filter is not blocked, the pipe is not kinked etc
Tried to drain and spin, but just goes around, can hear pump going but not water leaving the machine
any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Are you connect to an under sink spigot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
OK remove the drain hose from your washing machine from the spigot and check that the end is not still sealed off or that a sealing cap is not in place. You should be able to see a clear way for the water to travel - new sink installations have these spigots capped off - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** had left the bung in the fitting...all sorted now
Excellent news, it fairly common I've even seen engineers leave them in place. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a nice day.