George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Reading this post and having same issue

hello reading this post and having same issue
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, please elaborate.. I can not see the post you are reading. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have hotpoint wml720. 3 yr old - no lights indicating any error however starting wash on any programme it seems the water level is too low to move through the cycle.
I have checked the following: Water pressure ok, disconnected the inlet tube from back of machine inlet valve and tested water throughput fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no kinks in inlet hose or discharge hose, all seems to be installed properly.
ALso check if inlet valve is dirty and don't see an issue. No leaks seen either. just doesn't fill with water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Watched youtube video about replacing inlet valve, however don't think its damaged (without removing assembly), but video indicated that if cracked I would see leakage. This doesn't seem to be my problem.
Ok, thank you for that description. Can you check the motor.. look at the length of the brushes.. If they are too short to make contact then this is exactly what effect you will experience. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brushes?
Yes.. The brushes are screwed onto the motor at the rear and have one wire going to each brush.. The length of a new set of brushes is about 30mm.. If the existing brushes are 8mm or less then they start to cause problems. Please check them and replace if necessary.. Let me know what you find. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - this was done about 10 months ao, but we does use this machine quite heavily. ill let you knw if this is the proble.
thanks
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George I finally got an engineer and your description helped me/him determine the best course of action. Thank you