Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a 2 oven gas Aga with a Mk2 Conversion Kit (2006). We

I have a 2 oven gas Aga with a Mk2 Conversion Kit (2006). We have lost sensitivity of the temperature control. The unit is up to operating temperature with the control knob positioned at below 2, what is the likely cause?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.May I have the Full model #? So I can help you correctly?How old is your oven ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 2 oven Gas Cooker is circa. 1980. As mentioned in my note it had a Mk1 burner conversion unit fitted by the Aga dealer in 2006. The cooker model is GC.B.F serial number 83785. The cooker has been regularly serviced. I trust this information is sufficient for you to diagnose the problem and advice on the solution.
Bob
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob,This is a bad control mechanism.This is one of two things here.It could be the main control board but not likley.What causes this is the control knob mechanism itself to blame for this problem.Its easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools, I will help you do this if you need me.the best place to get that control knob is: https://www.aga-spares.co.uk/Its best to call them for this: (01902) 790 900.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the AGA spares web site. It looks as though the control unit has to be replaced complete (£134.40). I am not aware of any additional control board on the AGA. As replacing the control unit necessitates working on gas pipework I believe I will need to use a qualified fitter to undertake the work.
Bob
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes that's the part.And also that is the only part you shoudl need to replace, I will be here, but please rate kindly no so I can place your question on my priority list so when you reply with questions you may have for the install, when you have the part I will be here, no additional cost for that either;-)Thank youTech Michael