Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

ESL 65070 dishwasher In settings mode - the led's are on.

ESL 65070 dishwasher
In settings mode - the led's are on. pressing D&E does not bring the multi tab LED on.
If I press a program button I can then activate multi tab for that wash. Each wash needs to be set. Shouldn't I be able to keep the multi tab function on all the time.
Steve
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Could you let me have the product code or pnc on the rating label inside the door and I will have a look at the specs for you - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pnc 911435004105
sn 24750032
Could you recheck that please the pnc is either 9 or 11 numbers long that one is 12.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pnc###-##-####/ 05
OK got it, what are you actually trying to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
set to multi tab use - not for each wash but on all the time.
So I guess you are switching the appliance on, going to setting mode and then pressing and holding D&E and waiting and subsequently the multitab led is not coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's right
Does everything else work if you leave it in normal mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set a prog then d & e for multi tab . Works ok . Although seems to be leaving scum and not drying just lately. Don't use normal settings - have no salt or rinse aid.
If so then most likely it is the user interface board part number(###) ###-####or the harness pcb to user interface board part number(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. What is the likely cost ?
Let me perhaps add at this point that whilst I am an advocate of 3 in 1 or more tablets (easier to use than loose) I still use rinse aid and salt. If I explain why then it gives you something to consider. The salt in dishwashers is used to flush out the water softener and never comes into the wash cavity unless there is a leaking salt dispenser cap. No salt and the water that passes through the water softener is no longer soft. Rinse aid is added at the end of the last rinse to help the dishes dry streak free. So now we use an all in one tablet, once the water temperature reaches 30C it starts to dissolve, at the end of the wash cycle its pumped down the drain and you start rinsing in hard water and with no rinse aid. Everything works OK for a couple or three years until everything gets clogged up and then the wash quality starts to deteriorate. In your position bearing in mind that replacement of the pcb and harness is going to cost you around £100 I would just start using salt and rinse aid and continue using it as is. The choice is yours but I know which way I would go. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done any further questions you have are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a nice day ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have hard water. The wash was ok. But now after 3 years it has deteriorated. Are you saying that the multi tab rinse aid is ineffective because of the pcb fault . Or doesn't work anyway.
No what I am saying is that the three in one idea is good but in most cases because of their makeup and the way they work it causes this deterioration of wash results. The fact that you have a faulty control doesn't alter the rinse aid and salt problem. From my experience you have to do far more descalling/cleaning operations with three in one than using three in one (or powdered detergent) with salt and rinse aid. The board issue is up to you - personally I would spend the money but as I said earlier its your call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks . I have just been out to buy salt and rinse aid. Will run a cleaning cycle. Will use multi tab but not on multi tab setting and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.
Keep me in the loop as to how you get on but in the meantime would you kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This allows me to shut the job down on the system but you can log back in at anytime if you need further help. Ian