Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Whirlpool Ace1001X coffee machine makes all the usual sounds

Customer Question

My Whirlpool Ace1001X coffee machine makes all the usual sounds but the coffee is not being dispensed. Neither does it dispense rinsed water through the coffee spouts although water is reaching the drip tray. I have checked everywhere we can and there doesn't appear to be any blockages. Not sure if the infuser is sitting in the correct position but it looks low as the top is not touching anything and I think it might be meant to sit higher but not sure.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your coffee maker ?Does it make any sound when trying to brew?And do you descale it regularly?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine is about 8 years old and we do not need to descale in this area as no scale builds up on anything. You can hear, what sounds like, the beans being ground however none of the usual discs of discarded coffee are in the grounds container.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** water actually flows to the grounds correct?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Machine is grinding beans and water is getting to them to make coffee but when dispensing the coffee seems to be leaking from the infuser instead of coming from the coffee spouts on the front of the machine. The discs of coffee are not ending up in the grounds container but are being dropped around base of infuser too.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** sense. This is more than likely a bad seal or a plastic tube that has cracked near the infuser. Its pretty common for this part to break. You will need to open the coffee maker to be sure which part has broken. Then if you can take a pic of it and send it to me and I will be able to tell you what you need to order;-)Te best place for you to get the part is: http://www.whirlpool.co.uk/coffee-machine%2ccoffee-maker%2cbuilt-in-coffee-machine-%5BACE-102-IXL%5D-101268/852210201100/Please call: 0344(###) ###-####n any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would appear, on rating you, they've closed my query but obviously the matter hasn't yet been resolved so would you re-open please so I can send on the photos requested. Thanks.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi No they didn't close it, Im still here when you need me;-)ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thought it said something about incident closed but maybe the lack of coffee is affecting my brain! I've taken out the infuser and photographed it and tried to take a photo of the inside of the machine but it's not easy. I'm assuming the semi circular plastic piece on top of the infuser is what pushes the discs of crushed beans into the grounds container and it seems unobstructed but can't see it in operation as machine stops when front open. The discs don't seem to reach the grounds container as have found them lying in odd places within the machine but don't see how that would stop the coffee reaching the front spouts, it just seems to trickle from inside machine into bottom tray. Hope this makes some sense.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi lol, understood about the lack of coffee brain issue;-)From the pics, all looks ok.Since some of the water does make it to the grounds Am I correct?The you likely only need a solenoid (electric valve) for the water.This part can fail with various results. But this is a classic failure. In this case the water valve is not opening fully, this happens from wear and minerals over time clogging the inner workings of it.Its a cheap and fairly easy part to replace.I will help anyway when you have that solenoid (water valve).