Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our 1850w Samsung microwave has lost its umph, it now has

Hi, our 1850w Samsung microwave has lost its umph, it now has the same power as a domestic microwave
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Microwave ?Also May I have the Full Model #?And does it really seem like it takes as long as a home unit to heat food? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
the microwave is about 18months old and the model number is ***** and yes it does seem as slow as a domestic but maybe that is because we were getting the full power. it now takes twice the time to heat something that it used to do.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the reply,make sure you have a good connection all the way to the main circuit breaker panel, but it sounds like your magnetron or the transformer that powers that part has failed at least half of it.I really dont think its a power issue on your part, but I suspect really the micro as the failure;-(So this will need to be repaired.If you are really electronically inclined, I could help you go further with this, but keep in mind, microwave ovens can retain a LETHAL CHARGE even when unplugged!!!If you aren't comfortable working around this kind of voltage I would recommend getting a local appliance repair technician to do this for you.Please let me know, also since it is so new, and a lot of the appliances in the UK are guaranteed for 2 full years, I would contact Samsung first about this problem. Its best to use the phone # ***** the user manual and on the warranty card for this as that will be much quicker than the phone contact info I can give you;-)I wish I had better news for you, I really do, and I understand this well. Sometimes electronic components will fail for no apparent reason inherent by design.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael