Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Samsung UE40D8000YUXXU (Vesion No: 01 Smart TV (3D) keeps

Customer Question

My Samsung UE40D8000YUXXU (Vesion No: 01 Smart TV (3D) keeps turning itself on. It's infuriating me - what can I do about it???
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in TV Repair and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your TV ?How long does the TV stay on ?And what comes up on the screen?And are there any error messages or blinking lights on the front that aren't normal?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer need your help - I spoke to Samsung and they took me through a procedure to identify the problem. It was my DVD player which was turning itself on and off and activating the TV. The DVD player is kaput. I have disconnected it from the TV and the TV has stopped turning itself on automatically. Thanks for responding.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi your welcome;-) If I can be of any further service please let me know. Please rate kindly so we can close this for you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael