Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Siemens built-in coffee maker (type TK76K573GB) has stopped

Customer Question

My Siemens built-in coffee maker (type TK76K573GB) has stopped working with no apparent power.
I have tested the socket that it plugs into, that is OK
I have changed the fuse in the plug that goes into the socket, but that has not fixed the problem.
It I as if there is a fuse in the appliance that has gone, but I don't know whether there is one. Or is there some kind of 'reset' switch?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your TK76K573GB ?There are thermal fuses inside this machine that need to be checked, I will help you with that.They are where the power comes in (not the plug) but before the main control. They need to be checked with a meter for continuity, if that is bad they need to be replaced at least the bad one lolThey are very cheap and I will let you knwo where to get them one or both if if you need that.Let me know what you find. Unfortunately there is no reset switch;-(If they are good, then the main control is bad, but we will get there ;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I may be out for a bit today, but I will see your replies when i return and I will contact you then;-) Thanks for your patience.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,In answer to your initial questions ...How old is your TK76K573GB ? - It is approximately 5 years old.There are thermal fuses inside this machine that need to be checked, I will help you with that.
They are where the power comes in (not the plug) but before the main control. They need to be checked with a meter for continuity - What sort of meter? I don't have one. Also, it is very difficult to get to the back of the appliance (where the power comes in) - can I access it from removing the top panel of the appliance when it has been pulled out from the wall?Many thanks,Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi you can get a cheap digital meter fro m Radio SHack or just about any hardware store. It has ranges for continiuty and voltage checks. If you think this might be too in depth please let me knwo but then you would need to take the coffee maker in for service to a local shop or send it to Siemens for that repair.I can let you knwo the best place to send it in that case let me know?As for the main control board, if the thermals are indeed good, you will need a new main control board. But first make sure there is power at the outlet you are using check that with another appliance plugged into there ;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be getting a meter later today. Can you please confirm how I get to contacts that I will be testing? Do I take the top off?Also, how will I know where to put the probes of the meter?Many thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi you will need to get inside the unit so yes this needs to be carefully taken apart. I woudl take pics along the way if you are unsure where things or different screws go;-) That's a general tip;-)Once you get in you wan to locate the thermal fuse or the standard fuse and tech it for continuity.Teck Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,Sadly I am finding impossible to get to the screws that hold the top cover on the machine, because it does not come out of the housing unit far enough (it is about half an inch short!). As such, it looks as though I will have to call out an engineer to look at my problem. Do you know of any local engineers (in the Solihull area of South Birmingham) who you would recommend?
Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave, I'm sorry to hear that.Here is the best one for this repair, also they are as low cost as possible and do great work;-)Please visit: http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/arrange_an_engineer_visitThanksTech Mike