Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Ceramic hob 6410KF. Cannot run all 4 plates at once, one or

Ceramic hob 6410KF. Cannot run all 4 plates at once, one or two fade on right hand side when others on left are working. Can this be repaired? What kind of cost? (or are we looking at replacement?) Where can we find an engineer to fix?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi For this fault you are either looking at a fault control board (more likely) or the mains connection box were the power cable goes to. Price wise for this the control board is about £110 just for the part and then with labour you can add another £60 roughly on top unless you get AEG out then there labour is £85 so an expensive repair. But if its the mains connection box then this is about the £40 mark plus labour. The only way to find out is remove the hob and turn it over and you can see the wiring connection box there. Open it up and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then it will need to be replaced.But if that looks ok then the fault will be with the control board as above. If you do want it fixing then let me know what area you are in and I will see if I can find a local engineer for you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Our postcode is RH12 3HE.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. This is the details for your local serviceforce agents that cover your area. Optimum.Unit H3 Burrell RoadHaywards HeathWest SussexRH16 1TWFor all repairs call 0330(###) ###-####ax: 01444 441 039E-mail:***@******.*** Give them a bell in the morning and im sure they will be able to sort it out for you. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is there anything more I can do for you? If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your service was excellent. But the firm you sent me to is no longer Optimum apparently. Have signed a repair and protect service plan. Now awaiting for Melton to obtain spare part and fit.