johnnn40
johnnn40, Customer Service
Experience:  service and repair of home and commercial appliances
22250861

I have a de deitrich combination microwave oven dem555xe1

hi ##I have a de deitrich combination microwave oven dem555xe1 I was using today when it looked like it had overheated as it turned itself off still power to it but it wont start on any setting now just the clock showing you can select the option but when you put a time in and then start it wont can you help please?##many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.
Will you please send me the model number, so I can look up technical information for you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JohnThanks for responding the model is DME555XE1
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.
Since the control board doesn't function, it needs to be replaced. I've searched every parts dealer I can find, and they all say the part is obsolete at the factory, and none are available in the after sale market. The only course I can suggest is that you contact the factory customer service department at www.dedetrich.com.uk, to see if someone there can help you.Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that definitely the problem if so it might be cost effective to just replace it then as it would need a qualified person then to fit it presumably.
It just seems catastrophic to have done this just by trying to microwave food?
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.
Replacing the oven is the better option, as you would spend time only to find it is unrepairable. The control board failure was from nothing you did.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's Great John Thank you so much for your speedy solution.RegardsKaren