Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Sr_s2028cvw water to refrigerator dusnot dispens water

sr_s2028cvw water to refrigerator dusnot dispens water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You most likely have a faulty water solenoid that is not allowing water to flow. The valve is mounted on the the back of the cabinet, behind the mechanical compartment cover on the bottom. The valve the model you have takes is available below. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** if you take out the two bottom baskets/draws on your fridge side can you see an S shaped thing screwed on to the back panel with two white plastic pipes coming from its left hand side?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I can. The problem is the new solenoid is not passing water water side screwed off the tube and still no water is passing
OK can you hear it buzz when you press the lever in the door? Secondly the water chiller is that S shaped thing in the back of the fridge, can you actually see water in there or could it be frozen up (very common on that model)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes can hear the switch make a noise next stage will be to see if it is frozen the pipes are covered in ice
Do this first, take off the kick strip below the doors and you will find a push fit join where the pipe from the door connects up to the pipe from the water chiller. Undo one end, just push in the locking collar and the pipe should just pull out. Now towel down and keeping an eye on the end push the door lever in, if you have no water coming out then likely you chiller is frozen up. Come back to me with your results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no water coming out of the pipe from the fridge
OK this is the messy bit, go around to the back of the appliance and take off the pipe that fits on the back of the valve and feeds into the chiller. Towel down again, if you can have someone briefly push in the lever at the door and check that you have water coming out of the valve. Dont let the water get on the electrics !!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the pipe dis or ice which one to pull off please
You need to pull off the one that goes under the unit and connects up to the water chiller in the fridge, the other should head up the back to the ice maker (not that one)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pipe taken off and water is coming through now what lol sorry
OK we're done and dusted, you have water coming through the valve and reaching the chiller but not passing through it, you have two options now, either get a new chiller or disconnect and remove the existing one and let it defrost slowly. If you try and use a hairdryer or similar you will just split the tank. Once defrosted or replaced you will have water back at the door as before. I wouldn't discard the original valve it may not have been faulty.Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening - Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.