George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an integrated Siemens dishwasher 9000 197 840 (8703)

Customer Question

I have an integrated Siemens dishwasher 9000 197 840 (8703) that is not draining. I have cleaned out the pump after removing the cover. The impeller jerckily rotates by hand. I have checked that the waste is not blocked where it is connect to the sink wasre. I cannot blow air into the machine from the end of the drain connection. At 17 minutes of a rinse cycle the spray arms stop but there is no sound of the drain pump starting. The machine bleeps at 18 minutes indicating the end of the cycle.
The actual pump must be suspect. What is the correct way to remove it please? Hope you can help -Peter
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the Enr from the uppermost part of the metal inner of the door please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry George. I cannot find an Enr on the door. Peter
Peter, it is usually etched into the top meta part of the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - will be out now until tomorrow. Hopefully I can pick you up then. Peter
Ok Peter, I will await your return. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
I took the plunge this morning and have accessed the pump which does not respond to a dedicated connection to mains electricity. I have therefore ordered a replacement pump which should be with me at the beginning of next week. I found the following number on the front of the machine under the fascia door SE64M359GB which identified the machine when contacting my spares supplier.
Thanks for letting me know Peter.. SE64M359GB was the number I was waiting for.. There should be a couple of numbers after that but I don't feel that for the pump it will cause you an issue. Removal of the pump is by the twist method on this model.. At the base of the pump is a small slither of plastic that must be pulled back to allow the pump body to twist. I hope this sorts your issue; let me know if there are any problems following fitting of the new pump