Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Braun Series 3 Shaver. I now have three of these devices, 2

Braun Series 3 Shaver. I now have three of these devices, 2 of them new. None will charge properly, taking over a day for enough charge for one morning's shaving. The old one used to charge fine, but I thought it had got to end-of-life which was why I got the new ones. With them acting the same, I'm wondering whether I have some sort of voltage problem.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old are these shavers ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original one is about 3 years old, the other two are basically brand new, 6 weeks and two weeks respectively.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for that.You may have a voltage issue, I assume you are using 3 different chargers as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two different chargers (can't find the third) , tried with all three shavers.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try to charge these in a different location or better yet a different home or business altogether to determine for sure if that is the case or if you simply have defective Braun shavers, possible bad batteries is what this almost always works out to be.I have seen a lot of Braun shaver issues over the past three years here, and most of them were for bad batteries right from brand new. This can happen if the units sat a long time as these batteries don't last if that happens. Also the life expectancy of these batteries is about 2 years used or not.I wish I had better news for you, I really do. But you can order replacement batteries if you want, Me? I woudl return the two, or call Braun using the phone contact information here, and tell them that you are very dissatisfied and they will likely send you new shavers or replacement batteries for free or at a discount. They are usually very good with that;-)Please visit or call Braun: http://www.braunservice.co.uk/In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael