Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

FA error code on whirlpool have tried the 45 degree tilting,

Customer Question

FA error code on whirlpool have tried the 45 degree tilting, it worked, put wash on again but now it has gone back to error code
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.May I have the Full mOdel # ***** your Washer and is it a Washer or Dishwasher?How old is your Appliance ? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool washing machine sixth sense, AWM 9200 WH
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Year and a half
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that info.This error happens when the machine has a leak in side the controls down there.Or, it could be a failed sensor or loose connection in that part of the system.Usually there is some water in there indicating a leak, even a tiny one and moisture build up over time will cause this problem. Either way, I will help you until this is solved if you are a little handy and have some basic tools to get into this machine.Or you would need an appliance technician to check this for you.Let me know on that?I would try this one more time but do it this way.Unplug the washer from the outlet (power) for 30 full minutes. Then tip it and hold it at 45 deg for 1 full minute.then set it right and plug it back in and try once more. Let me knwo what happens?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that then get in touch if it doesn't work thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, I will be here ;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I've done what you suggested. It's on a hand wash cycle, it got to 12 min to go just like before and FA error appeared.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** that unfortunately there may be either a leak in side the sensor area.Or a faulty leak sensor.You will need to open the unit and check for moisture in the sensor box .I wish I had better news for you, but this problem is a leak and that will also need to be diagnosed and parts replaced.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me do that?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi sure I can.Do you have the tools and are you at least a little handy, thats kind of important with this one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tools. I'm going to have to be handy!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok I did some checking on this one for you.FA error fault codeThe pressure device (WI water indicator) does not switchYou need to order a new WI sensor.This part will be relatively easy to replace with my help.The best place to get that part is : http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/I would call them to place this order for a few reasons please call Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####nce you have the new part please reply to me for assistance with the replacement;-)No additional cost for that ;-) Thank youTech MIchael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do, how will I get washing out so its not sitting there?!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi you can try the tipping again but select door open, if it will work.If not your best bet is to try a piece of strong cord around the door seal it should pop the latch open.