George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Stoves S450DW integrated slimline dishwasher

I have a Stoves S450DW integrated slimline dishwasher that is 3 weeks out of guarantee. It has been working fine until today. it has now stopped draining and brings up an E1 error towards the end of the cycle. It draws in water at the start of the programme, runs the wash cycle, then draws in more water without draining. It continues to do this until the sump fills up and I guess trips the anti-flood sensor. At the point it should be draining there is a hum, but the drain valve doesn't seem to open. Drain hoses and pipes are fine.
Thanks, T
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi tony, it sounds like the impeller of the drain pump is jammed (Hum). Can you remove the water from the dishwasher and subsequently remove the drain pump; look for any impedance to the impeller. Also test the impeller can rotate. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Genius! Piece of butchers string wrapped round the spindle.
All checked, cleaned down and put back together... And working like a dream again.Thanks for the spot on help.T