Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a NEFF dishwasher SI6P1F. At the end of a cycle it's

We have a NEFF dishwasher SI6P1F. At the end of a cycle it's become 'stuck' with the sound of a pump trying to pump water and a red light on next to the picture of a tap on the control panel. I've tried holding down the re-set button and I've tried turning the power off at the mains and back again, but nothing changes! Any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm that there is water in the wash cavity at this point in time? ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what the "wash cavity" is, but there is no water visible anywhere and it sounds as though a pump is trying to work with only a dribble of water going through it.Dave
OK Dave, this is an indication that you have water in the base of the appliance ie the area between where you put the pots (the wash cavity) and the bottom of the appliance where the motor, pump and heater are located. Once you have cleared this out the machine should work. If you can let me have the full ENr which is laser etched in the stainless steel inner door liner I can send you an illustration of how it all goes together. ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-Number is ***** Yes, an illustration would be great!
Copy and paste this link in to your browser it takes you to the illustrations covering your model ~~ http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/S51E50X1GB/14 ~~ go to page five and the base in which I expect you will find water is item 0520.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - that looks like my Saturday morning job! I'll ask again if I have any problems.
OK would you kindly rate the information given sofar by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me at any time for further help, just log in and the call will be directed to me. Thank you for using JA and likely talk to you tomorrow - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem seems to be that there's a blockage in the waste pipe and the water is backing up into the machine.Thanks for your help in tracking it down!