Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a 4 " burner " Fagor induction hob which is nearly 6

Customer Question

I have a 4 " burner " Fagor induction hob which is nearly 6 years old. Ocasionnaly a pair of the hob units will suddenly stop functioning which is normally resolved by isolating the supply to the unit for about 30 secs and then restoring the supply.
On the last occasion this procedure has failed to work and the pair remain ineffective.
The paperwork shows the model #as IFF 4R2
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi When you get this fault then 2 things can cause this fault. Either the mains connection box were the power cable goes to or the main power board for the side that's turning off. What you need to do if checking this yourself is remove the hob from the work top and turn it upside down. There you will see the connection box were the power cable goes to. Open this and see if theres any signs of burning in there. If so then the main connection box needs to be replaced. But if that's fine then the main power board will be the issue. As in there is 2 power boards. Each one controls 2 heater plates. So it will be the control board controlling the 2 plates that's switching off that's the fault and will need to be replaced.But the bad news is power boards are very expensive to replace on induction hobs. So given its 6 years old its possibley cheaper to get a new hob rather then fixing this one but that's up to yourself if you rather have this fixed then you will need to replace the power board to cure this. But check the mains connection box first as if this burns it can also cause this fault so worth checking that first. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi I see the question is still open. Do you need more help on this? If so just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks