Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Please help! My Haier fridge/freezer AFD631GR is beeping

Hello - please help! My Haier fridge/freezer AFD631GR is beeping 3x every 20 seconds. How can I silence this beeping? The manual says it is possible to silence it, but doesn't say HOW to!
The repair man has been out twice already and has just left again. He said to wait 24 hours to see if the fridge cools down it's showing '--' on the front display panel where it should say 5 degrees. The freezer is showing -20 degrees.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The beeping is an alarm telling you that there is an issue with the temperature. The -- in the display means that the electronic control is not able to determine what the temperature is in the fresh food section. That is why it is beeping. The sensor in the fresh food will need to be replaced to correct this issue. That sensor is available below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly. I understand why it is beeping every 20 seconds: the fridge is not working and the repair man is coming on Friday. I just want to silence this beep until he comes. It's driving me crazy! I don't want to turn it off at the wall, as the freezer is still working and I need to be able to use it, especially as I have no working fridge. The Haier manual I have says it is possible to silence the alarm, but doesn't say how to! Can you tell me how?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It can only be toggled off if it is alarming for the doors being open. If it is alarming for temperature issues, you cannot manually silence it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am looking to see if there is a programming method in the service mode, though. Give me just a few minutes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is no way to silence the alarm for temperature issues, it is programmed into the electronic control. You could thaw the freezer out to restore air flow, though, that should get it back to cooling again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I was just checking in with you because I have not heard back from you. If you have no other questions, positive feedback would be appreciated. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!