Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My thermostat room temperature reads 48/degrees when I have

Customer Question

my thermostat room temperature reads 48/degrees when I have no heating on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thermostat is now saying internal error it is switch off. but my boiler is still turning on and my radiators are hot when they were turned off last night the heat was still coming on
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Thermostat ?Also maY I have the FULL model # ***** the Thermostat so I can assist you properly?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thermostat five years old, make Honeywell cms921B1042
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
morning Michael thanks for your response boiler seems to be working ok .thermostat is now reading temperature 45degrees room temperature and there is nothing switched on .I have put heating on this morning by pressing button on boiler is this OK. I have also put new batteries in thermostat made no difference
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. in this case you have a bad thermostat.That's the only part you should need to replace. You can go with different brands and designs for this oen providing it connects the same way. What I would do, Is take the thermostat to any local hardware store, they shoudl be able to sell you a replacement or direct you to heating supply company for this.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you I have now had the job completed
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Awesome! Have a great day!Tech Michael