Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697
Appliance

Mike I have a Beko dl1243. Which just keeps humming like the pump is working ,but wo

Hi Mike
I have a Beko... Show More
Hi Mike
I have a Beko dl1243. Which just keeps humming like the pump is working ,but won't finish the program. Is there a way of resetting it please
Show Less
replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the pump is running all the time then what has happened here is water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher and has activated the flood switch in there which then keeps the pump running all the time. What you need to do here to reset it is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for that part.Once the water has drained out retry the dishwasher and that should have cleared the fault from there. Fingers crossed this is a one off that caused this fault but if it happens again then theres something in there leaking so you will need to find and fix the fault under there to cure it. For this you need to remove the top and both side panels and then you can access the workings underneath there. But try the above first as tipping it backwards will clear the water and reset the flood switch. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Just tried the leaning back and draining water idea and it just seemed to fill up with some water again and start pump humming ,but no was cycle , could it be a partially blocked overflow/drain pipe ? ,or even a meltdown in circuit board ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Wash cycle
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago.
Ok so when you tipped it back did water come out?Now when you start it did water enter and then the pump started running again all the time?If so tip it back again now and does more water come out from the bottom?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Yes i tried the tipping thing. Twice and both times about a litre of water came out
Ok you have a leak under there so as soon as its fills water is leaking into the base which in turns the activates the flood switch. What you need to do on this is remove the top and then both side panels.From there you will be able to see the workings under there.Check all the hoses under there as one may be loose causing the water to leak out and cause this. So try the above as for the fault you have here water is leaking in the base causing this fault. Regards