George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Bosch dishwasher keeps saying 'check water' . I cleaned

My Bosch dishwasher keeps saying 'check water' . I cleaned the filter etc and it worked a couple of times before throwing up the fault again. Is this something I can deal with please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gill, my name is***** dishwasher has various systems that can cause the 'check water' alarm to activate. The fault could be: Lack of water coming into the appliance (Aquastop, Flow Meter, or Fill valve) ;Water not able to exit the appliance (drain pump, or filter);Anti-flood system activated (Water in the base). It is possible for you to check this yourself if you have the right tools. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do o check these areas. The filter looks clear and the water comes in direct from the mains.
Is the appliance filling when you turn it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code E15 comes up and the machine sounds as though it's pumping
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the appliance isn't filling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It pumps when turned on at the plug even when I haven't switched the 'on' button
The code E15 is the later of the faults that I described to you.. The Anti-Flood system has activated and this switches on the pump to discard any water from the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I reset it
To be a little more descriptive for you, there is water in the base.. If you turn it off at the mains, tilt it backward slightly to remove the water from the base, then turn it on again, this should sort the issue.If it then happens again you will need to take off the side panel to look for an internal leak.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you George. The machine is built under the unit so I'll have to wait for my son to come tomorrow to do that for me
You are very welcome Gill.. Do not forget to rate my assistance please...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will now. You have been a great help......providing it works of course!!