Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My delonghi prima donna has started to spill ground coffee

Customer Question

my delonghi prima donna has started to spill ground coffee beans inside the machine. It seems that the hopper into which it falls has somehow moved down from the grinder exit. How can I adjust this?
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your De Longhi coffee machine ?Also, are you saying that you are finding unground coffee beans along with ground beans in the hopper?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It!s around 7 years old. After grinding, the beans fall into a hopper from where it is infused to produce the coffe. Recently the hopper must here moved downwards an inch or so, causing some of the grounds to fall inside the machine. If my assumption is correct, then I need to move the hopper upwards to close the space between hopper and grinder. Sadly, I can't find a way of moving it up. Are you able to help me Michael ?
Colin.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
Hi sorry for the delay, we are on different time ones lol;-)I am in the US, is why;-(As for your coffee bean issue, you are correct, but with everything set the way it has been, and this problem starting, that tells me the grinder is failing. What its doing is its kichikng un ground or partially ground beans out because the cutters in the grinder are not sharp anymore. One other thing can cause this, and thats if it gets gummed up internally in the grinder itself. In that case a good cleanign will help. WHat you need to do is disassemble to wherre you can remove the grinder unit and using compressed air and some small pointy tools or anything that will get down into the corners and tight spots clean out the stuck particles or beans which ever you may find. Then see of that elped, let me know;-)If not, then you will need a new grinder section and I can help there with where to best get that part.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We're at cross purposes here. The grinder is functioning perfectly well, but the hopper into which the grounds fall appears to have moved downwards, thereby allowing some of the grounds to spill over and foul the inside of the machine. I need to find a way of repositioning the hopper to stop this happening. Does this make sense to you Michael?
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
Hi this rare if that's the case but its possible, And yes if the hopper fell down further than its normal position that can cause this as well, but its rare. Can you send me a pic or two on here so I can be sure whats happening. I have over 30 years of hands on experience with these systems and this model itself as well;-)Thanks Tech Michael
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can do this when I get home from the office this evening Michael.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
Hi thanks that would be fine. Talk then have a nice day ;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I sent a photograph yesterday to***@******.***. If this address is incorrect,then please let me have one that will reach you.Colin.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 9 months ago.
Hi Colin,
Can you email the pictures to -***@******.***
The no-reply address isn't monitored I'm afraid.
Hi Colin,
Received the photos just now, I've forwarded them on to the expert for you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
Hi I am tech Michael, I woudl need you to send the photos to this page here so I can help you with your issue further, I dont see the pics as of yet?Tech Mike
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was told that my pics had been forwarded to you by***@******.***
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
I saw that you tried to send the pics to another part of JA , and they tried to send them to me that way, it didn't work but you can send each one directly to me here on this page.Thank You Tech Michael
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
just send me the e mail address which will reach you and I shall send them again.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
Hi basically its not an email you can just load them on this page as most customers do? I asked Customer Service to hep you with this, I need the pics so I can be sure what is wrong;-)Thanks for your patience.Tech Michael