Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Re;Bosch Washer/dryer - no details - Should the outlet at the

re;Bosch Washer/dryer - no details - Should the outlet at the bottom of the machine be opened to clean? I have never had a problem in 3 and half years, and I have not taken out lint or muck from anywhere, . Was not left any instructions when it was fitted. Is there anything I should be checking/doibg? Jo Sutherland.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi To be honest filters on washing machines now a days are what they call a stay clean filter. As what it does if any lint collects in there it trys and breaks itself down and drains it away with the waste water.The only thing it cannot do is break down bigger bits of lint or coins or hard debris that can get in there. So if any of them block up then it will stay in there until you clear it or it jams the pump up.So to be honest it doesn't really need to be checked often anymore. If you find its not draining the water out then you need to check the filter for debris and clear it out but for normal every day use you don't really need to clean the filter out often on theses anymore. Hope this helps you but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that answer - it fits with our experience so far - so, onward, onwards.
Jo Sutherland.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. You should be fine from there. If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.