Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch fridge/freezer, KGV3120GB/01, thermostat malfunction

Bosch fridge/freezer, KGV3120GB/01, thermostat malfunction (?). Can be made to fire up by manipulation of the on/off switch, when the internal temp reaches 12degC, which then works to reduce the internal temp. to zero, and then switches off the pump. Is this the thermostat playing up, and can it be replaced easily? What price as a spare?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi This model doesn't have a thermostat im afraid. This is electronic controlled so it has a pcb control board in there that controls the working of the appliance. So as from what you say happens its more then likely the control board at fault here causing this fault. But the bad news is the part is listed as obsolete now by Bosch. So you will struggle to get hold of it. Plus the cost of the part when it was available was £172 so a very expensive part. So now as the part is obsolete theres nothing you can do other then a new fridge freezer which to be honest at a cost of £172 for the part I personally would have still gone with a new fridge. Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards