Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Siemens HB75AB550B cooker. On opening door there was a flash

Customer Question

Siemens HB75AB550B cooker. On opening door there was a flash and ever thing stopped. reset trip at consumer unit and checked that light bulb had blown. Cooker working ok. bought new bulb and fitted but light does not work. Tried another new bulb but did not work. The blown bulb had burnt some small holes through the brass screw. Is there another fuse some where for the light?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
First thing you have to do is establish if you actually have power at the lamp holder but before I can help further I need you to give me the two digit number that comes after the HB75AB550B/.. as there are a number of variations of that model ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
/02
Thank You - copy and paste this link into you browser ~ http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/sparepart/finder/detail/HB75AB550B/02#/tab-spare-section-3 spare parts list page 3.item 0337 which is the lamp holder. As you can see at the rear it has two electrical connectors. You have to find out if you have actually got power there as quite often the lamp holder is damaged when the lamp explodes. You will need a mains tester or multimeter to do this.