Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Washing machine started to fill 5 seconds and then

washing machine started to fill for about 5 seconds and then just stopped.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your washer?Also may I have the Full model #?And what is the console doing? Any signs of life etc, any strange noises etc? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washing machine is 3 years old
It is a Hotpoint 7kg echo tech wml730 aquarius+
The console has the wash light on and the door lock light on. Also there is a clicking noise as if the machine is going to start its cycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much longer do I have to wait
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry for that delay. I am here.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell where about you hear the clicking sound from? Is it near the door lock?Or more from the controls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
controls
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, in this case, your control panel has failed. There are relays on that board that will eventually fail. They are not replaceable by themselves so the only way to fix this is to replace the control panel.Its easy to do and I will help all the way.There is no soldering required just a bunch of plug in connectors, but I woudl take a few pis of them before you remove them form the old board so you are sure where each one goes back ;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
The best place to get a new control board is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/Its best to call to order this part because they dont list all parts on site.Please call: Ransom Spares:0844(###) ###-####I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael