Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I am installing a smeg DDC6-1 dishwasher and trying to adjust

Hi I am installing a smeg DDC6-1 dishwasher and trying to adjust the single back foot to get the correct height. I cannot turn the foot underneath although it seems to have a large alan key opening, the wheel does not turn above this but you can turn a wheel underneath and just to the side of the foot which make very slight adjustment but it is very very slow to adjust
Am i doing something wrong? hope you understand what i am talking about?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
I see that the installation instructions are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. So pull the appliance out and tell me if by putting in the supplied Alan key you are able to raise and lower the rear foot with the weight off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No alan key supplied but i tried one i had of same size but no movement. I have since discovered a plastic screw at the front of the m/c which does adjust the back leg so everything is now ok. this is a semi integrated m/c do you know if you can take of some of the horizontal strips on the front of the m/c just under the main control panel so you can adjust the height of the kitchen door panel?
Yes that is why they are fitted to allow the kitchen fitter and amount of latitude when various slightly different door sizes are fitted.