Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just bought a Bosch Maxx 8 tumble dryer. It replaces

Customer Question

I have just bought a Bosch Maxx 8 tumble dryer. It replaces a previous machine which had no take off tube to remove the hot, damp filtered air which dissipated at the wall close to the rear of our fitted cupboard carcass. The new machine has a 4" hole inits rear panel & the machine fits into the same place and we now seem to have maybe 3" max space between the rear and the wall. We are having a new granite top fitted which will seal the top thus preventing any air coming out at the top of our fitted kitchen. I am thinking I need to cut out sections of the vertical carcass separators to allow the air to move sideways into the next two unit bays rear. We have no exit hole in the wall which would allow a 4" pipe to take air to the outside.
What should I do? The old drier worked perfectly well this way, without a pipe. But I am wondering what the minimum space behind the new dryer & the wall behind it, should be?
Frank Lukey
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bosch customer service says leave enough space for the air to escape into the room. No minimum spacing is given in the installation manual I have just looked up on the web.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the Bosch appliance ENr which will be on the rating label please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTB86300 GB/08 Type WDT2 And it is a condenser type
OK this is a condenser dryer that does not have a vent pipe at the back but relies on a sealed system to dry your clothes. A inlet hole is at the front to allow cold are to circulate and keep the motor cool but other than the option of having a drain pipe to take away the condensate rather than it being pumped into a tank other and electric supply there are no other connections. As long as you have a couple of inches (40-50mm) you will be fine.Would you now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge, do come back to me if you need further assistance. Thank You for using JA and have a great afternoon. ~~ Ian