Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Sharp DTR model TU-TV162h that will not power on.

I have a Sharp DTR model TU-TV162h that will not power on. I would like to save some of the recording, How?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your TV ?Also, are the recordings in the HDD in the TV? Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
As I suspect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a stand alone Digital TV recorder, not a TV. it is possibly 5 years old. The recordings are on a hard drive inside the unit, but I cannot get the unit to power on.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I know Im sorry about the mix up ;-) WHat you can o and its really the only way to save the data is to remove the HDD form the unit so you will have all the data saved there. You can plug it into another unit, even a different brand as these are universal . Once you do that, you would be able to watch or save that information to another unit that does power up;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou, we will try to find another digital recorder to swap the hard drives and see if we can view the saved recording.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hey you're very welcome, please let me know if you need anything further, I will still be here after you rate my service.Please rate at this time kindly;-)Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael